- Organizing Committee
The Committee will be responsible for organizing the Congress and will communicate directly with the Scientific Committee, collecting advice from the Italian Tunnelling Society Board, the ITA Executive Committee and from the International Steering Committee. It will be composed of tunnelling specialists experienced in organization and management of conferences and congresses.
WTC 2019 Organizing Committee President
Railway Infrastructures and Technologies Expert
Head of Infrastructures’ Engineering Department
WTC 2019 Organizing Committee Vice President
TAC Immediate Past President
ITA Past, First Vice President
SIG Vice President
CEO at GeoTunnel S.r.l.
SIG Vice President
Professor of Tunnelling & Director of the Master Course on “Tunnellng and Tunnel Boring Machines”
Politecnico di Torino
SIG Vice President
C.E.O. at Rocksoil S.p.A.
Chairman and CEO
Representative of BBT SE (Galleria di base del Brennero)
Sales Manager Italy
Bekaert Maccaferri Underground Solutions
SIG Executive Board Member
Past Business Development Director of MM SpA Milan
Transportation and galleries Senior Consultant
Head of the TBM Tunnelling Department
Impresa Pizzarotti & C. S.p.A.
Enrico Dal Negro
Director Underground technology team
Deputy director Communications and External Relations
TELT Tunnel Euralpin Lyon Turin
Antonello De Risi
Metropolitana di Napoli S.p.A
Head of Communication
Giuseppe M. Gaspari
General Manager e Tunnel Design Lead
Geodata Engineering SpA - Canada branch
TBM & Tunnels Department
Director at Ghella S.p.A.
Mario Giovanni Lampiano
Technical Engineering Services Director
SALINI IMPREGILO S.p.A.
Global Manager Italian Contractors
BASF Construction Chemicals Italia Spa
Representative of Salini Impregilo S.p.A.
Key Account Manager
SWS engineering SpA President
Gian Luca Menchini
Civil Engineer, Director of Overseas Operations
Cooperativa Muratori e Cementisti di Ravenna
Geotechnical and tunnels manager
Senior Program Manager
Ansaldo STS S.p.A.
WTC 2019 Young Member Coordinator
Senior Engineer | Tunnelling & Underground Structures
Infrastructure Department, ARUP
Geodata Engineering S.p.A.
Tunneling Department Director
Società Italiana per Condotte d'Acqua
Director of Project Execution
Project Manager “Line C”
Roma Metropolitane srl
Director of Infrastructure Works
Autostrade // per l'italia
ITA Executive Director
- Scientific Committee
Scientific advisory board
- Daniele Peila, Politecnico di Torino
- Giulia Viggiani, University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Tarcisio Celestino, Univeristy of São Paulo
The Committee is responsible for the Congress Program, in collaboration with the Local Organizing Committee, and for the training events.
The Committee shall:
- Decide and invite the keynote speaker;
- Distribute the call for proposals and the criteria for technical papers evaluation to the members;
- Set a timeline for program design and deadlines in collaboration with Local Organizing Committee;
- Manage and Document the process of proposals and match areas of expertise of qualified reviewers;
- Maintain a list of accepted/rejected papers and notify authors;
- Follow-up with authors for confirmation of presentations and attendance;
- Design the conference program in collaboration with Local Organizing Committee;
- Collaborate with ITACET Committee and ITACET Foundation for programs of training events (5 people from the Scientific Committee will be dedicated to this activity);
- Prepare for the scientific program, the "Triple A" events (5 people from the Scientific Committee will be dedicated to this activity).
The Scientific Committee will work closely with the ITA Working Groups and Committees proactively, by responding to requests for expertise on specific questions linked to the Working Groups and Committees, by taking the initiative to provide input into the work undertaken by the Working Groups and Committees in the context of the WTC.
- International Steering Committee
- Tarcisio Celestino, ITA President, Themag Engenharia
- Olivier Vion, ITA Executive Director, ITA-AITES
ITA Executive Council Members
- Soren Eskesen, Past President, Cowi A/S
- Alexander Gomes, Vice President, Geoconsult Latinoamérica S.A.
- Ruth G. Haug, Vice President, Rambol
- Eric Leca, Vice President, Arcadis
- Jinxiu (Jenny) Yan, Vice President, China Railway Academy Co., Ltd
- Anna Sieminska-Lewandowska, Member of the Executive Council, Warsaw University of Technology, Civil Engineering Department
- Davorin Kolic, Member of the Executive Council, ITA Croatia
- Giuseppe Lunardi, Member of the Executive Council, SIG Vice President - Italian member appointed to ITA board, Rocksoil
- Chung-Sik Yoo, Member of the Executive Council, Sung Kuyn Kwan University
- Felix Amberg, Treasurer, Amberg Engineering Ltd
- Salma S. Almaamari, Member of the Executive Council, Society of Engineers UAE
BEFIPS PRESIDENTS - international partnership between six Nation Members of ITA-AITES
- Johan Mignon, Belgium, Association Belge Des Techniques Et De L'urbanisme Souterrains Abtus-bvots
- Yann Leblais, France, Association Française Des Tunnels Et De L'espace Souterrain (AFTES)
- Giuseppe Lunardi, Italy, Società Italiana Gallerie – SIG
- Joao Bilé Serra, Portugal, Portuguese Tunnelling and Underground Space Commission (CPT) a branch of the Portuguese Society for Geotechnics (SPG)
- Miguel Fernandez-Bollo, Spain, AETOS (Asociación Española De Túneles Y Obras Subterráneas)
- Xavier Roulet, Switzerland, STS Swiss Tunnelling Society
The Committee will overview and advise the Organizing Committee on the following aspects:
- Establishing the WTC 2019 action plan, priorities, and related initiatives, in accordance with the terms of reference, for approval by the ITA;
- Counseling and advising the Local Organizing Committee in providing the necessary strategic vision and international contributions to a high level of technical and scientific experience;
- Formulating policies that facilitate and promote global acceptance of ITA Strategy and international convergence.
- Honorary Advisory Panel
- Pietro Lunardi, President WTC2001 Milan
- Sebastiano Pelizza, ITA-AITES Past President
- Bruno Pigorini, President WTC1986 Florence
- Erberto Botti, Honorary SIG President